So Phoebe has had her first experience with the stairs, all twelve of them, and I am going to leave that story right there.
She is fully enjoying her swimming and is now in her second session of Waterbabies. We got to be the people showing the newbies how it all works. We should get a discounted price for the free PR we gave Emler Swim School last Tuesday evening. She was swimming about 2 feet, maybe more, holding her breath for 8 seconds at a time. The other parents and babies just stopped what they were doing and watched, totally impressed.
On top of that she has no fear diving off the water jungle gym, even if I'm not totally prepared to catch her. She is ready. She's ready to do it on her own; the problem is she's not, realistically, ready....
She is indeed a scholar. Ha! Take that! Her principal approached me yesterday and said that she is ready for the next move. Officially her promotion date would be June; however the school administration feels like she is ready now! They say that she is advanced in her language and she is "running circles" around the other kids. They have also said that she's ready for the next challenge. I just said ok yesterday and she was already transitioning today. They will take her for a small time frame every day over the next month to her new room and by March 1st she'll be in the toddler room full time. Oh she's so smart.
The sad part is that she will be advancing before her best friend and "partner in crime" as her teachers call him. Caleb is not ready and the school only had one advanced spot available. Phoebe is clearly ready and Caleb is not quite. Neither of them care for any other kid in their class and would prefer to spend time alone than with someone other than each other. Yesterday she even tried to give him a hug good-bye. It's so sweet.
Ultimately I think it's good because they need to make new friends and the only way they will do that is if it's forced upon them.
I will try to post some more photos soon. I have a very busy weekend but I will get around to new photos soon.
Thursday, January 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This would be "my baby" Pheebs...destend for greatness .....DUH!
Of course..with such a smart Mama and Daddy what else would you expect? 40 day until you R here.
XOXOX
Grammy
Post a Comment